Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $125.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow available again in a new format, this lavishly illustrated volume presents the iconic American outsider artist in a new critical light, locating him as a major figure in the history of contemporary art. Self-taught and working in isolation until his death in 1973, Henry Darger realized an elaborate fantasy world of remarkable beauty and strangeness through hundreds of paintings and an epic written narrative. Angel-like Blengins with butterfly wings, natural catastrophes, incent girls, and murderous soldiers all appear in Darger's scenes, which are reproduced in this book in double-page and gatefold illustrations. In the volume's introductory essay, Klaus Biesenbach examines the radical originality of Darger's art, including his use of collage, incorporation of religious themes and icography, and frequent juxtaposition of incence with violence. An essay by Brooke Davis Anderson illuminates Darger's source materials and techniques, while ather by Michael Bonesteel puts Darger's life in the context of his work. The book also includes Darger's autobiography, A History of My Life, introduced by Carl Watson. The only book of its kind, Henry Darger offers an authoritative, balanced, and insightful look at an American master.
- Date of Publication24/02/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2576 g
- Width335 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byKlaus Biesenbach
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.