Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $76.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHenry Dunay: A Precious Life is both a lavish album of Dunay's finest designs and a biography that tells the amazing story of his rise from an immigrant family to the heights of the jewellery world. A contemporary American jeweller, Henry Dunay single-handedly built a business to fit the luxurious mould of the great jewellery houses of all time: Faberge, Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels. This is a world where superb craftsmen master arcane kwledge of precious and semiprecious stones, where jewellers compete for newly discovered gemstones and where glamorous women vie to own one-of-a-kind pieces. What separates Dunay from the rest, however, is his ability to design and create fabulous jewels with his own hands. Dunay's invative one-of-a-kind and limited edition creations have broken long tradition in the world of fine jewellery, introducing new ideas of form and texture and exploring n-western design concepts.Meanwhile, Dunay has reached a wide audience of women with his themed collections of earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings.The book includes a biographical essay by Penny Proddow and Marion Fasel, an essay on Dunay's use of colour stones by mineralogist George Harlow and an essay on Dunay's society and celebrity clientele by journalist Jeryl Brunner.
- Author BiographyPenny Proddow and Marion Fasel are contributing editors, fine jewellery and watches, at In Style magazine. Together, they are the authors of Bejeweled: Great Designers, Diamonds: A Century of Spectacular Jewels, and Hollywood Jewels: Movies, Jewellery, Stars, as well as With this Ring: The Ultimate Guide to Wedding Jewellery. George E. Harlow is Curator of Minerals and Gems in the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at the American Museum of Natural History. Dr. Harlow edited and contributed to the book The Nature of Diamonds and co-authored Gems and Crystals from the American Museum of Natural History and Minerals and Gems from the American Museum of Natural History. Jeryl Brunner is a writer and journalist who has contributed to many publications including National Geographic Traveller, In Style, Gotham, Four Seasons, Hamptons, Bride's and Forbestraveler.com
- Author(s)Marion Fasel,Penny Proddow
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Out-of-print date24/12/2009
- Content Notecl250 / bw20 / tt270 illustrations, cl / bw / tt photographs
- Weight1500 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Photographs byJohn Parrish
- Introduction byStephen Magner
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.