All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $16.90Free postage
- AU $27.16Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionHenry II (1154-89) through a series of astonishing dynastic coups became the ruler of an ermous European empire. One of the most dynamic, restless and clever men ever to rule England, he was brought down both by his catastrophic relationship with his archbishop Thomas Becket and his debilitating arguments with his sons, most importantly the future Richard I and King John. His empire may have ultimately collapsed, but in Richard Barber's vivid and sympathetic account the reader can see why Henry II left such a compelling impression on his contemporaries.
- Author BiographyRichard Barber has written for Penguin The Penguin Guide to Medieval Europe, The Holy Grail and Edward III and the Triumph of England. He is a major figure in medieval studies, both as a writer and as a publisher.
- Author(s)Richard Barber
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitlePenguin Monarchs
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllen Lane
- Weight208 g
- Width129 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.