All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
About this product
- DescriptionModern historians have frequently maligned Henry III of England [1216-1272] for his entanglements in European affairs. However, this book moves past orthodox opinion to offer a reappraisal of his activities. Using Henry's dealings with the rulers of the Staufen Empire [Germany, Northern France, Northern Italy and Sicily] as a case study to explore the broader international context within which he acted, the author offers a more varied reading of Henry's 'European adventures'; he shows that far from being an expensive aberration, they reveal the English king as acting within the same parameters and according to the same rms as his peers and contemporaries. Moreover, they provide new insights into the structures and mechanisms, the ideals and institutions which defined the conduct of relations between rulers and realms in the medieval West; medieval politics, it is argued, cant be understood in isolation from wider movements, ideals and concepts. The book will be of value t only for historians of medieval England, but also for those with a more general interest in the wider political structures of the pre-modern West. Dr BJORN K. U. WEILER is Lecturer in Medieval History at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth.
- Author BiographyDr Bjorn K. U. Weiler is Lecturer in Medieval History at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK.
- Author(s)Bjorn Weiler
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleRoyal Historical Society Studies in History New Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberVolume 48
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Historical Society
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight542 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.