Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn this meticulously researched book, David Supi has produced a bibliographical catalogue of his particularly extensive private collection of early editions of James, shedding new light on a number of crucial areas. It is only in fairly recent times that scholars and book collectors have come to appreciate fully the interest and significance of the dust jackets of early editions. Igred in many earlier bibliographies, Supi provides much valuable new material in an area revealing the transition of dust jackets from a protective medium to an important marketing and advertising tool. His book also unearths new information on early Colonial re-issues and the first appearance of American editions. This fascinating book provides a full description of each edition in Supi's collection including transcription of the title page, collation, contents, binding and inserted ads, inscriptions, bookplates, binders and booksellers tickets and commentary. His book performs a genuine service to the history of book and will be an invaluable resource for bibliophiles and Henry James fans alike.
- Author BiographyFollowing highly successful careers in law and banking in the US and UK, David Supino now works as a bibliographer.
- Author(s)David J. Supino
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Content Note32 colour plates
- Weight1440 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.