All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionToward the end of Henry James's career, Charles Scribner's Sons offered him the opportunity to publish his collected works in a single edition under the overall title The New York Edition of the Novels and Tales of Henry James (1907-1909). Rather than simply reprint his fictional oeuvre, James entered into a massive work of self-monumentalization: revising the texts extensively; writing prefaces that have become classic texts on prose aesthetics and the velist's art; and omitting many works, among them some major vels. The thirty illustrations include all twenty-four frontispiece photographs made, under James's supervision, for the edition.
- Author BiographyDavid McWhirter is Associate Professor of English at Texas A & M University.
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1998
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Note29 half-tones
- Weight555 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDavid McWhirter
- Foreword byJohn Carlos Rowe
- Edition StatementNew York ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.