CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1936, publisher Christian Zervos released a collection of drawings by Henri Matisse as part of his Cahiers d Art series. This facsimile edition features 39 Matisse drawings and translations by Pulitzer-prize winning poet and scholar Richard Howard. The beauty of Matisse simple drawings, as powerful today as in 1936, remains accessible to art lovers and a general audience alike.
- Author BiographyChristian Zervos (1889-1970) founded the journal Cahiers d'Art in 1926. The Cahiers featured contributions by scholars and critics in a wide range of fields, from prehistoric to modern art, and were as noted for their layout and presentation as their content. Zervos is perhaps best known for his 97-volume catalogue raisonne of Pablo Picasso. Tristan Tzara (1896-1963) was a founder of Dada and the author of its seminal manifestos Sept manifestes Dada (1924). Richard Howard is the author of eleven volumes of poetry, including Untitled Subjects (1969), for which he won the Pulitzer Prize.
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2005
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note39 illustrations
- Weight1020 g
- Width245 mm
- Height330 mm
- Translated byRichard Howard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.