All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionEverything I do, I intend to make on a large scale . . . Size itself has its own impact, and physically we can relate ourselves more strongly to a big sculpture than to a small one. --Henry Moore It was Moore's intention that these large-scale forms be interacted with, viewed close-up, and even touched. In order that their heft and mass be perceived in a myriad of settings, they were most commonly placed outdoors, subject to the effects of changing light, seasons, and terrain. Within the controlled white environment of the gallery space, the sheer volume and mammoth proportions of the sculptures are more keenly felt. Brimming with latent energy, their richly textured surfaces and sensual, rippling arcs and concavities can be seen to new effect.
- Author BiographyHenry Moore (July 30, 1898-August 31, 1986) was an English sculptor and artist. He was best known for his semiabstract monumental bronze sculptures, which are located around the world in museums and as public works of art. His sculptures and drawings have also been the subject of many museum exhibitions and retrospectives worldwide. Anita Feldman is the curator of The Henry Moore Foundation at Perry Green. Ann Wagner is a writer, critic, professor, and art historian. She is The Henry Moore Foundation Research Curator at the Tate, and her writing has appeared in such journals as Artforum and October.
- Author(s)Ms. Anita Feldman
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note190 Colour Photographs
- Weight1556 g
- Width254 mm
- Height318 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.