Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionHepatocytes account for approximately 80% of the liver mass and play a significant role in various aspects of liver physiopathology, exhibiting unrivaled complexity and diversity of functions. In Hepatocytes: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers provide the reader with methods, technical protocols, and review chapters focusing on selected areas of hepatocyte biology including isolation, culture, differentiation and stem cells, and hepatocyte use in clinical, basic, and applied research. With a specific emphasis on human hepatocytes, the volume presents chapters covering subjects including hepatocyte culture models, cryopreservation methods, differentiation assessment, liver ontogenesis, production of hepatocytes from stem cells, drug/xebiotic metabolism, toxicity and transport, bile acid and blood coagulation factor production, infection by HBV and HCV, humanized animals, biortificial liver devices, hepatocyte transplantation. As a volume in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series, protocol chapters include brief introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tes on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Hepatocytes: Methods and Protocols will be useful to all those who are currently using or planning to use human, or animal, hepatocytes to investigate any aspect of liver physiopathology or who are interested in liver development or liver stem cells and liver biotherapy.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 640
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note35 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1209 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byPatrick Maurel
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.