All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreat Britain has a long tradition of spectacular seasonal events, parties, pomp and ceremony. But times have moved on since the days of formal manners and dress codes and with many exclusive events w accessible to everyone, it can be tricky to kw where to go, what to wear and how to act. Luckily, Her Ladyship is on hand to guide you though the social minefield of the British Season. This practical guide will take you on a tour of all the best events, including Chelsea Flower Show, Glyndebourne Festival, Lord's Test Cricket, The Epsom Derby and Royal Ascot, Wimbledon, Henley Royal Regatta, Glorious Goodwood, Cowes Week and many more. Her Ladyship is always on hand to explain what happens where, giving invaluable advice on dress codes and traditional customs along the way. Insider's tips on getting tickets and what t to miss at each event make this the must-have companion of the Season.
- Author BiographyCaroline Taggart is the author of Her Ladyship's Guide to the Queen's English, I Used to Know That, The Book of English Place Names and The Book of London Place Names, and co-author of My Grammar and I (or should that be 'Me'?). Also a highly experienced editor, she visits literary festivals and writers' workshops around the country, advising aspiring writers on how to get published. She is not related to Her Ladyship, but shares many of her prejudices. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Caroline Taggart
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Series TitleNational Trust Home & Garden
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note10
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.