All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionHer Ladyship's guide to speaking and writing better English. Wherever you are, whatever the company, good English will always stand you in good stead. The world's most important language has a number of difficult areas and pitfalls, and almost all of us have some area to improve, whether it's how to spell 'millennium', how to prounce 'schedule' the English way (as opposed to the American way), or find the correct word for the 'toilet' when talking to bishops and barons. Her Ladyship's guide quickly takes you through the major problem areas. It covers: common mistakes in grammar (which will belie a lowly upbringing), common misspellings, commonly misused words, and the all-important choice of words and phrases to use in posh society with a pronunciation guide.
- Author BiographyCaroline Taggart is the author of Her Ladyship's Guide to the Queen's English, I Used to Know That, The Book of English Place Names and The Book of London Place Names, and co-author of My Grammar and I (or should that be 'Me'?). Also a highly experienced editor, she visits literary festivals and writers' workshops around the country, advising aspiring writers on how to get published. She is not related to Her Ladyship, but shares many of her prejudices. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Caroline Taggart
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication17/05/2010
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Trust Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight242 g
- Width117 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.