All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionLove is just fear I suppose. Masquerading as a fever. Then you explore each other and suddenly you have licence to become totally pedestrian. And ultimately abusive. Militancy in the Suffragette Movement is at its height. Thousands of women of all classes serve time in Holloway Prison in their fight to gain the vote. Amongst them is Lady Celia Cain who feels trapped by both the policies of the day and the shackles of a frustrating marriage. Inside, she meets a young seamstress, Eve Douglas, and her life spirals into an erotic but dangerous chaos. London 1913. A crucial moment when, with emancipation almost in sight, women refuse to let the establishment stand in their way. Rebecca Lenkiewicz's Her Naked Skin premiered at the National Theatre, London, in July 2008.
- Author BiographyRebecca Lenkiewicz's The Night Season premiered at the National Theatre in 2004, received the Critics' Circle Most Promising Playwright Award and was nominated for the Charles Wintour Evening Standard Award and the Susan Smith Blackburn Award. Her Naked Skin premiered at the National Theatre in 2008, the first play by a living female playwright to be staged on the Olivier. Other plays include The Painter (Arcola Theatre), The Typist ( Riverside Studios), The Lioness (The Tricycle), That Almost Unnameable Lust, Shoreditch Madonna, Blue Moon over Poplar (Soho Theatre), A Soldier's Tale (Old Vic), Invisible Mountains (National Theatre Education), Faeries (Royal Opera House), Justitia (Peacock Theatre) and adaptations of Ibsen's An Enemy of the People (Arcola and Manhattan Theatre Club, USA) and Ghosts (Arcola). For BBC Radio 4: Fighting For Words, Caravan of Desire, Sarah and Ken (Special Commendation for the Tinniswood Award), Dracula and The Winter House.
- Author(s)Rebecca Lenkiewicz
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication07/08/2008
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight130 g
- Width126 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.