All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most powerful weapon on the planet is hidden right behind your eyes. Your mind is capable of things you've hardly dared to dream about: controlling others and travelling through time and space. Amazing facts from Herbie Brennan's Strange Powers of the Human Mind are: the brain has pain receptors - that's why a surgeon can slice into it without you feeling a thing; Buddhists believe that the entire universe is maya, an illusion generated by the human mind; a quarter of all British students have had an out-of-body experience; there is evidence that hypsis was used in Ancient Egypt, Ancient China and Ancient Greece - it was sometimes called 'temple sleep' or mekhenesis, which means 'the taking away of responsibility'.
- Author BiographyHerbie Brennan's work has appeared in more than fifty countries. He began a journalistic career when he was eighteen and at twenty-four became the youngest newspaper editor in his native Ireland. He is now a full-time writer of fact and fiction for both adults and children, with several international bestsellers to his name. He lives with his wife and eight cats in an old rectory in Ireland.
- Author(s)Herbie Brennan
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/08/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight171 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.63Trending at AU $35.61
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $52.57
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.81Trending at AU $47.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.