All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHerbs that can be used to affect the mental state of the consumer, as well as for their healing properties, have been a part of cultures and sub-cultures all around the world ever since our early ancestors first started experimenting to find out what various plants could be used for. Author Steve Andrews takes the view that the best herbs for use by shamans are those plant teachers that grow locally. This book is unique because it focuses only on those species that can be found growing within the rthern countries of the world. Best-selling author Howard Marks, aka Mr Nice, described Herbs of the Northern Shaman as EXCELLENT! That was for the original version of this book when it was first published with black and white illustrations and photographs. Now, Herbs of the Northern Shaman has been updated to include additional species of herb and fungus, as well as a whole new collection of stunning colour photos by Katrinia Rindsberg. Besides well-kwn psychoactive herbs such as Cannabis, Morning Glory and Datura, other plants that have been said to have mind-altering properties are also described, plants such as the Meadow Buttercup, the Lime Tree and the Rhododendron.
- Author BiographySteve Andrews is a man of many talents. He is a writer, a journalist, a musician and singer-songwriter, poet, naturalist,and he is known as the Bard of Ely.
- Author(s)Steve Andrews
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Content NoteColour
- Weight372 g
- Width230 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.