Here Begynneth the Volume Intituled and Named the Recuyell of the Historyes of Troye, Composed and Drawen Out of Dyuerce Bookes of Latyn in to Frensshe by the Ryght Venerable Persone and Worshipfull Man. (1473) by William Caxton (Paperback / softback, 2010)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEARLY LITERATURE. Imagine holding history in your hands. Now you can. Digitally preserved and previously accessible only through libraries as Early English Books Online, this rare material is w available in single print editions. Thousands of books written between 1475 and 1700 can be delivered to your doorstep in individual volumes of high quality historical reproductions. This comprehensive collection begins with the famous Elizabethan Era that saw such literary giants as Chaucer, Shakespeare and Marlowe, as well as the introduction of the sonnet. Traveling through Jacobean and Restoration literature, the highlight of this series is the Pollard and Redgrave 1475-1640 selection of the rarest works from the English Renaissance.
The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:
hEre begynneth the volume intituled and named the recuyell of the historyes of Troye, composed and drawen out of dyuerce bookes of latyn in to frensshe by the ryght venerable persone and worshipfull man.
Recueil des histoires de Troie.
Lefevre, Raoul, fl. 1460.
Caxton, William, ca. 1422-1491.
A translation of: Recueil des histoires de Troye.
Title from 1[A]2r, which is printed in red.
Imprint from STC and Needham; see also Lotte Hellinga, Caxton in focus, p. 38-9, 48.
Signatures: [A-O10 P; A-I10 K L6; A-K10].
In three books.
The first leaf is blank.
[A]3r text begins: and zeland and thus whan alle thyse thynges cam ..
The last leaf contains 14 lines of Latin verse beginning: Pergama flere volo. fata danais data solo ..
[Bruges: Printed by William Caxton and, probably, Colard Mansion, 1473 or 1474]
Hain-Copinger 7048. /
STC (2nd ed.) / 15375
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery
This book represents an authentic reproduction of the text as printed by the original publisher. While we have attempted to accurately maintain the integrity of the original work, there are sometimes problems with the original work or the micro-film from which the books were digitized. This can result in errors in reproduction. Possible imperfections include missing and blurred pages, poor pictures, markings and other reproduction issues beyond our control. Because this work is culturally important, we have made it available as part of our commitment to protecting, preserving and promoting the world's literature.
- Author(s)William Caxton
- PublisherEebo Editions, Proquest
- Date of Publication14/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEebo Editions, Proquest
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1252 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.