All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $8.45Trending at AU $11.42
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $29.87
- AU $9.91Trending at AU $13.54
- AU $9.58Trending at AU $18.95
- AU $14.62Trending at AU $15.17
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $20.06Trending at AU $24.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe stunning sights and sounds of a Nigerian wedding are vividly brought to life in Ifeoma Onyefulu's new picture book. The different traditions and customs of this African wedding are explored and explained through the eyes of one young spectator. We see the preparations made by the whole community in anticipation of the traditional African ceremony and second religious ceremony.
- Author BiographyIfeoma Onyefulu was broughout up in a traditional village in Eastern Nigeria. Her highly acclaimed children's books are renowned for countering negative images of Africa by celebrating both its traditional village life and its urban life. A is for Africa, her first book, has become a classic title in the genre of cultural diversity and was praised by Publishers Weekly for its 'incisive view of her country's rich heritage'. Ifeoma has twice won the Children's Africana Book Award: Best Book for Young Children in the USA> Here Comes our Bride won the award in 2005 and Ikenna Goes to Nigeria in 2008. Ifeoma lives in London with her two sons. Find out more about Ifeoma's books at www.ifeomaonyefulu.com.
- Author(s)Ifeoma Onyefulu
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Out-of-print date19/04/2016
- Content Notefull colour throughout
- Weight159 g
- Width280 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Photographs byIfeoma Onyefulu
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.