Best Selling in Cook Books
- AU $42.90New
- AU $34.98New
- AU $31.07New
- AU $15.98New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $27.62
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $35.18
- AU $21.15Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $37.75Trending at AU $38.67
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.76
- AU $30.51Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $35.71Trending at AU $54.67
About this product
- DescriptionCan you name 5 African American Chefs or Executive Pastry Chefs of fine dining establishments? Where are the women and mirities culinary students who make up the majority in culinary classrooms yet are missing in action from the top of the line?
Chef Kimberly Brock Brown, CEPC, CCA, ACE, AAC opens up and shares her story and some great recipes to help answer the questions of why there are too few female Chefs or African American Executive Chefs-Sweet or Savory leading in today's kitchens.
Could it be European dominance, male superiority or just too much heat in the kitchen that keeps women from getting the managerial titles and positions?
With focus and determination to succeed in this surprisingly male dominated field, Chef Kimberly details the trials and tribulations of personal and professional achievements used to achieve her goal of becoming a Certified Chef and teaching other Junior Culinarians how to be better stewards of their own destiny.
Learning to embrace what makes you happy while helping others along the path will always bring the best gifts life has to offer; satisfaction and having peace of mind will ensure immeasurable rewards and compensations. Women can be mothers, wives, students or all of the aforementioned and still succeed in managing the demands of the kitchen and the people associated with it. People of color do have the drive and determination needed to be the Executive Chef when they plan the work and work the plan.
We need to wake up, step up and make it happen. Go get what is rightfully yours to have once you have prepared yourself, put in the time to get the experience and qualifications. Don't just sit on the sidelines hoping to get ticed or included.
- Author(s)Chef Kimberly Brock Brown Cepc Cca Ace
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.