All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Auster and J. M. Coetzee are respectively responsible for some of the great contemporary works of fiction: Auster's The New York Trilogy or Coetzee's Disgrace are only two of these authors' legendary works. In Here and Now, these remarkable thinkers are brought together in print for the first time. Although Auster and Coetzee had been reading each other's books for years, the two writers did t meet until February 2008. Not long after, Auster received a letter from Coetzee, suggesting they begin exchanging letters on a regular basis and, 'God willing, strike sparks off each other.' Here and Now is the result of that proposal: an epistolary dialogue between two great writers who became great friends. Over three years their letters touched on nearly every subject, from sports to fatherhood, film festivals to Israel and Palestine, philosophy to politics, from the financial crisis to art, family, marriage, friendship, and love. Their correspondence offers an intimate and often amusing portrait of these two men as they explore the complexities of the here and w, and reflects two sharp intellects whose pleasure in each other's friendship is apparent on every page.
- Author BiographyPaul Auster is the best-selling author of The New York Trilogy ,Invisible, Moon Palace, The Brooklyn Follies, among many other works. In 2006 he was awarded the Prince of Asturias Prize for Literature and inducted into the American Academy of Arts and Letters. Among his other honours are the Independent Spirit Award for the screenplay of Smoke and the Prix Medicis Etranger for Leviathan. He has also been short-listed for both the International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award (The Book of Illusions) and the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction (The Music of Chance). His work has been translated into more than thirty languages. He lives in Brooklyn, New York. J.M. Coetzee is one of the foremost writers of South Africa, and, as the 2003 winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature, of the world. His many books include Waiting for the Barbarians, Life and Times of Michael K,Boyhood, Youth, and Disgrace. He was the first author to win the Booker Prize twice, for Life and Times of Michael K and Disgrace.
- Author(s)J. M. Coetzee,Paul Auster
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication16/05/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight380 g
- Width143 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.