All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough Paul Auster and J.M. Coetzee had been reading each other's books for years, the two writers did t meet until February 2008. Not long after, Auster received a letter from Coetzee, suggesting they begin exchanging letters on a regular basis and, 'God willing, strike sparks off each other.' Here and Now is the result of that proposal: an epistolary dialogue between two great writers who became great friends. Over three years their letters touched on nearly every subject, from sports to fatherhood, film festivals to incest, philosophy to politics, from the financial crisis to art, family, marriage, friendship, and love. Their correspondence offers an intimate and often amusing portrait of these two men as they explore the complexities of the here and w and is a reflection of two sharp intellects whose pleasure in each other's friendship is apparent on every page.
- Author BiographyJ. M. Coetzee's work includes Waiting for the Barbarians, Life & Times of Michael K, Boyhood, Youth, Disgrace, Summertime and The Childhood of Jesus. He was the first author to win the Booker Prize twice and was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2003.
- Author(s)J. M. Coetzee
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight186 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.