Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this fascinating memoir, a rewned journalist tells the remarkable story of the passionate life she shared for forty years with William Shawn, legendary editor of The New Yorker. An enduring love, however startling or unconventional, feels unalterable, predestined, compelling, and intrinsically rmal to the couple immersed in it, so I would have to say that I had an intrinsically rmal life for over four decades with William Shawn. Shawn was married, yet Ross and Shawn created a home together a dozen blocks south of the Shawns' apartment, raised a child, and lived with discretion. Their lives intertwined from the 1950s until Shawn's death in 1992. Ross describes how they met and the intense connection between them; how Shawn worked with the best writers of the period; how, to escape their developing liaison, Ross moved to Hollywood-only to return to New York and to the relationship. The book is a gem, an exquisitely told real-life story more potent than fiction.
- Author(s)Lillian Ross
- Date of Publication12/03/2001
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width146 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.