All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the summer of 1948, E.B. White sat in a New York City hotel room and, sweltering in the heat, wrote a remarkable pristine essay, Here is New York. Perceptive, funny, and stalgic, the author's stroll around Manhattan-with the reader arm-in-arm-remains the quintessential love letter to the city, written by one of America's foremost literary figures. Here is New York has been chosen by The New York Times as one of the ten best books ever written about the city. The New Yorker calls it the wittiest essay, and one of the most perceptive, ever done on the city.
- Author BiographyThoroughly American and utterly beautiful is how William Shawn, his editor at the New Yorker, described E. B. White's prose. At the magazine, White developed a pure and plain-spoken literary style; his writing was characterized by wit, sophistication, optimism, and moral steadfastness. In 1978 he was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for the body of his work. E. B. White died in 1985.
- Author(s)E. B. White
- PublisherLittle Bookroom,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/07/1999
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Bookroom,U.S.
- Content Noteb/w photographs
- Weight181 g
- Width135 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine135 mm
- Introduction byRoger Angell
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.