All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Hereford United story has enjoyed plenty of twists and turns through its eighty-nine-year history: promotions and relegations, international players, FA Cup successes and the BBC's goal of the century have all ensured that there has been plenty of excitement for the loyal band of Bulls fans. From humble days in the Birmingham League, the club battled its way up to what is w the Championship before slipping back to n-league football again. Now, the club is looking for a third crack at the Football League as they overcome financial problems and gain promotion from the Football Conference. Relive through this unique collection of images the fascinating history of the Bulls.
- Author BiographyRon Parrott is a lifelong Hereford fan who was taken to his first game at the tender age of three by his grandfather Bill Parrott, a former chairman of the Supporters Club and sports editor of the Hereford Times. Ron acts as Club Historian as well as running the programme subscription service. He is the author of Hereford United: The Wilderness Years (Desert Island:2006). Richard's life changed, as did many others, when Ronnie Radford's famous goal hit the back of the Newcastle net, inspiring in the then-teenager what has become a lifelong passion for the Bulls. As the sports editor of the Hereford Times, Richard now follows the Bulls' fortunes in a professional capacity and has broadened his geographical knowledge of England covering their matches for almost two decades. John has a long-standing association with Hereford United as supporter, reporter, programme editor and contributor, and author. Although proud to be a Yorkshireman, after moving to Hereford in 1957 he also considers himself an adopted Herefordian. He is a qualified football coach and takes a keen interest in most sports. Married, with two grown-up daughters, John has two grandchildren (Amy and Ben).
- Author(s)John Williamson,Richard Prime,Ron Parrott
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Weight318 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.