All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
About this product
- DescriptionHow do we foster a friendship with God and remain in it forever? It's a difficult eugh proposition for many people to believe that God--eternal, unchanging, all-kwing--could actually desire a relationship with them. But once they've accepted the premise that God indeed does want their friendship, it can be even more challenging to think about how to actually engage in that friendship, foster it, and remain anchored in it when life's storms toss them about. In Here's My Heart, Here's My Hand, veteran spiritual director William A. Barry, SJ, helps us understand how we can experience a personal, lasting relationship with God and what effects that close relationship will have on our lives. Written in a warm, conversational tone, this book is a collection of nearly twenty of the finest previously published articles Fr. Barry has written on the subject of friendship with God. The selections are diverse in their overall themes--from discerning God's will for our lives to forgiving as Jesus forgives--but each one shares the common thread of helping us see prayer as the way to a conscious, lifelong relationship with God.
- Author BiographyWilliam A. Barry, SJ., is a veteran spiritual director who is currently serving as tertian director for the New England Province of the Society of Jesus. He has taught at the University of Michigan, the Weston Jesuit School of Theology, and Boston College. His many works include Letting God Come Close, A Friendship Like No Other, Here's My Heart, Here's My Hand, Seek My Face, and God's Passionate Desire (Loyola Press) and God and You.
- Author(s)William A. Barry
- PublisherLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Weight231 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.