All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHeretical Essays is Patocka's final work, and one of his most exciting and icoclastic. Patocka begins with prehistory, approached through the natural world as conceived by Husserl and Heidegger. According to Patocka, nature is as an alien construct, and history, which began as a quest for higher meaning, ends with life as self-sustaining consumption. Patocka explains how Europe declined from its Greek heritage to seek power rather than truth, splintering into ethnic subdivisions, and then how the Enlightenment moved Europe from an ethical to a material orientation. This book includes a translation of the Preface to the French Edition by Paul Ricoeur.
- Author(s)Jan Patocka
- PublisherOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/1996
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byErazim Kohak
- Volume editorJames Dodd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.