All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this first in a series of four vels featuring the interplay of private lives and public events, Mia Arceneau, bubbly daughter of a vigorously idealistic physician and an outspoken country midwife, grows up in an iconic early-20th century America. Meeting a brainy but impulsive young man from a prominent family sparks in the fanciful mountain girl an infatuation propelling her from the remote Adirondacks to Boston's privileged Beacon Hill. Following America's entry into World War I, Mia keeps her promise to a compelling soldier and moves to a boisterous neighborhood of Irish immigrants. After enduring devastating losses in a lethal wartime epidemic, Mia experiences motherhood, and then finds passion with an audacious charmer. During the exuberant 1920's, hardscrabble '30's, and an omius prewar period, Mia's ripening sensuality and deepening insight foreshadow a radiant attachment.
- Author BiographyJudith Slawson King is the author of Robert Duvall: Hollywood Maverick (St. Martin's Press), Legal Affairs (Pocket Books) and The Second Wedding Handbook (Doubleday). She wrote Book I of the Heritage Road series while living in the Adirondack Mountains.
- Author(s)Judith Slawson King
- PublisherRiver Bend Press
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiver Bend Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $78.99
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.