Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionHerland tells the story of three American male explorers who, on the eve of World War II, stumble onto an all-female society somewhere in the distant reaches of the earth. Unable to believe their eyes, they promptly set out to find some men, convinced that since this is a civilized country--there must be men. So begins Herland-a sparkling utopian vel and a romp through a whole world masculine and feminine. As on target today as when it was written years ago, Herland is utopia with a smlle, a gentle, witty version of what women can be. As fascinating to women for what it omits entirely as for what it discovers and invents for us, it is a fast and invigorating read. Charlotte Perkins Gilman was arguably the most important American author of the women's movement in the early 20th-century. In addition to editing a newspaper, The Forerunner, she wrote Women and Ecomics, one of the first studies of the role of women in the ecomic system. Other utopias written by Gilman include Moving the Mountain in 1911 and With Her in Ourland.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Perkins Gilman was arguably the most important American author of the women's movement in the early 20th-century. In addition to editing a newspaper, The Forerunner, she wrote Women and Economics, one of the first studies of the role of women in the economic system. Other utopias written by Gilman include Moving the Mountain in 1911 and With Her in Ourland.
- Author(s)Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Date of Publication07/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.