All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen modern readers think of Hermann Goering, what probably comes to mind is the overweight drug addict and convictedwar criminal who cheated the hangman's ose at Nuremberg by committing suicide just hours before he was due to die. Or perhaps there is the image of his powerful German air force in the Second World War-the Luftwaffe- bombing defenceless European cities and towns in the early part of the war, until it was defeated by the Royal Air Force in the epic Battle of Britain. Perhaps the reader might think of Goering the debauched art collector who pirated captured collections all over Nazi Europe during the Occupation years. All of these images are correct, but here we see ather Hermann Goering: the slim, dashing fighter pilot and combat ace of an earlier struggle, the Great War of 1914-18, which he began as an infantry officer fighting theFrench Army in the 1914 Battle of the Frontiers. During a hospitalization, his friend Bru Lorzer convinced him to become an aerial observer-photographer, photographing the mighty French fortress of Verdun. He did, and began these never-before-seen personal photo albums of men and aircraft at war: up close.This remarkable book-the first of an intimate series of photographic diaries- is an unique photographic record of the early years of this torious figure.
- Author BiographyBlaine Taylor is the American author of 12 histories on war, politics, automotives, biography, engineering, architecture, medicine, photography, and aviation. The well-read historian is a former Vietnam War soldier and Military Policeman under enemy fire, political and crime newspaper reporter, award-winning medical journalist, international magazine writer, winner of four political campaigns as a press secretary, and a US Congressional aide on Capitol Hill, Washington, 1991-92.
- Author(s)Blaine Taylor
- PublisherFonthill Media LLc
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFonthill Media LLc
- Content Note359 black and white photographs
- Weight630 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.