CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.91
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $34.92
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.25
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.08
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.07
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionTexas native and veteran ABC journalist John Quines has traveled the world and the country reporting on hundreds of stories during his illustrious career. Long ago he realized that the stories he was most attracted to had one thing in common-a shared focus on the goodness inherent in ordinary Americans.According to John, truly heroic individuals are people who make difficult choices, even in the face of danger, without giving in to fear. They don't expect fame or money for their efforts-they're just doing the right thing. They are compassionate and courageous, and our world would be a far worse place without them. They rarely get the recognition they deserve.Heroes Among Us means to change that.Along with reporting the many stories of heroes he's met, John also shares his own touching personal narrative of his rise from humble roots as the son of a laborer and a house cleaner to his life as a network anchor. His is one of the most American of stories.Heroes Among Us, in its stories of selflessness, strength, and bravery, offers inspiration, ultimately challenging each of us to learn from the great deeds of our neighbors and, in turn, to follow in that same heroic spirit.This is a book to cherish, one whose wisdom will be felt for years to come.
- Author BiographyJohn Quinones is the ABC anchor of What Would You Do? coanchor of Primetime, and a correspondent for 20/20. Winner of seven Emmy Awards, Quinones has also been honored with the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award's Grand Prize for International Reporting. Quinones received a master's degree from the Columbia School of Journalism and makes his home in New York City. Arthur Morey has recorded over one hundred audiobooks, winning AudioFile Earphones and Best Voice Awards, as well as an Audie nomination. He has performed fiction by John Updike, John Irving, Richard Russo, Julie Orringer, and Jack Vance. Nonfiction titles include The Informant, Unlikely Allies, Citizens of London, and Munich 1938. Arthur attended Harvard University and the University of Chicago and has performed Off-Broadway, Off-Loop, and in Italy. He taught writing at Northwestern University for ten years and also works as an editor and ghostwriter.
- Author(s)John Quinones
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication24/11/2008
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Arthur Morey
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time390
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.