All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHeroes, Gods and Monsters of Ancient Greek Mythology is a collection of classic archetypal Ancient Greek myths, including the stories of Jason, Perseus, Odysseus, Heracles, Oedipus and Theseus. These stories, which have had a great influence on thinkers throughout the centuries, inform popular culture even today. Here they are told as if by a fireside storyteller, detailing the horrific perils these heroes faced. An historical introduction explains who the Ancient Greeks were, describing their beliefs and customs. Foottes throughout the book define and explain difficult words and concepts. There is a detailed index, with pronunciations of difficult names and places. The text is enlivened with black-and-white illustrations, and a map of ancient Greece.
- Author BiographyMichael Ford was born in Macclesfield, Cheshire. He read English and Classics at Worcester College, Oxford. Having taught English in Greece, he now works as a writer and editor.
- Author(s)Michael Ford
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleHeroes, Gods & Monsters
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.