All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $17.63
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.91
About this product
- DescriptionAdventure on the high seas! WHAM! The Pliny jolts as if Black Beard himself has just punched her in the belly. Pedro and I slide and smack--bang--into the bulwark. We're grounded, cries the first mate. We've hit a shoal! In May of 1882, a large steamship ran aground off the coast of New Jersey. Elisa Carbone imagines what it was like for two boys on that ship: waking up in the middle of the night, waves crashing over the side, the storm too big to lower the lifeboats. And then the flashing of light from shore--the surfmen, true heroes of the surf, come to rescue them. The award-winning author's meticulous research combined with Nancy Carpenter's spectacular illustrations make this thrilling adventure on the high seas one t to be missed!
- Author BiographyElisa Carbone lives in Silver Spring, Maryland, and Hendricks, West Virginia. Nancy Carpenter lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Elisa Lynn Carbone
- PublisherViking Children's Books
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintViking Children's Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width273 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nancy Carpenter
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.