All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the increasing variety of heroic women portrayed in film, television, and other popular culture channels, much of the understanding of heroines has been limited to females as versions of male heroes or simple stereotypes of overly weak/strong (and even violent) women. This book analyzes the new vision of female heroes in popular culture. It features award-winning authors from a variety of disciplines, broadening our understanding of how heroines are portrayed, as well as how these important popular culture representations both simultaneously empower and/or constrain real life women.
- Author BiographyNorma Jones has a PhD in communication and information from Kent State University. She is an editor of Rowman & Littlefield's Sports Icons and Issues in Popular Culture book series and is coeditor of Aging Heroes: Growing Old in Popular Culture (Rowman & Littlefield, 2015). Maja Bajac-Carter is a doctoral candidate in Communication Studies at Kent State University. Her research focuses on gender, identity, and media studies. She is a contributor to We Are What We Sell: How Advertising Shapes American Life ... and Always Has (2014). Bob Batchelor teaches in the Media, Journalism & Film department at Miami University and is the founding editor of the Popular Culture Studies Journal. Batchelor edits the Contemporary American Literature and Cultural History of Television book series for Rowman & Littlefield. Among his books are John Updike: A Critical Biography (2013), Gatsby: The Cultural History of the Great American Novel (Rowman & Littlefield, 2014), and Mad Men: A Cultural History (Rowman & Littlefield, 2016).
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/08/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight399 g
- Width151 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBob Batchelor,Maja Bajac-Carter,Norma Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.