All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionPhil Spector created the wall of sound, produced the Beatles' last record, persuaded the Ramones to go pop, made the Righteous Brothers sound respectable, and was a millionaire by age 21. His credits include some of the most important and memorable songs of the 1960s: The Ronettes' Be My Baby, The Crystals' And Then He Kissed Me, and Ike and Tina Turner's River Deep, Mountain High. Culled from more than 100 interviews with Spector's closest associates, including staff producers, singers, musicians, and ex-wives, He's a Rebel discusses all stages of Spector's varied musical career, from his first hit, To Kw Him Is To Love Him (written as a teenager) to his appointment to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In addition to chronicling his musical achievements and unpredictable genius, the author boldly explores Spector's legendary eccentricities, addictions, and violent, reclusive tendencies. He's a Rebel offers a definitive, unflinching portrait of Phil Spector, the producer who transformed the airwaves and forever impacted the sound of popular music.
- Author BiographyMark Ribowsky, a frequent contributor to Playboy, is the author of Don't Look Back: Satchel Paige in the Shadows of Baseball. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Mark Ribowsky
- PublisherCooper Square Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication02/05/2000
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCooper Square Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note35 b&w photographs
- Weight522 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.