All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThere is meal on this planet or any other that Heston Blumenthal can't prepare. In spring 2009, on his British television series Heston's Feasts, he re-created the impossible Drink Me potion from Alice in Wonderland and reinvented Henry VIII 's mythical Cockentrice. In Heston's Fantastical Feasts, the chef extraordinaire prepares six incredible new feasts inspired by history, literature, and legend, and takes us along for the ride.In this imaginatively illustrated book, each chapter charts the realization of a feast, with its challenges and ideas, culminating with the final recipes. The book consists of a Willy Wonka Feast, a Fairy Tale Feast, an Edwardian Feast, a Gothic Feast, a '70s Feast, and of course a Feast of the Future. Delving deep into the world of each dish, Blumenthal creates poison apples, transforms pumpkins into carriages, and builds Edwardian gingerbread houses with sugar windows. Scouring Italy for rare mushrooms and Switzerland for wild boar, he records the journeys and inspiration behind each meal, laying it all out in grandly illustrated detail. Witness his delectable riffs on Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham and Roald Dahl's Lickable Wallpaper, and even try the recipe if you dare.Featuring ornate illustrations by artist Tom Lane and an exuberant interior design, Heston's Fantastical Feasts is a mind-boggling and irrepressible new accomplishment from one of the most electric chefs in the world.
- Author BiographyEntirely self-taught, Heston Blumenthal is the most progressive chef of his generation. In 2004 he won the coveted three Michelin stars in near-record time for his restaurant The Fat Duck, which has twice been voted the Best Restaurant in the World by an international panel of 500 experts. In 2006 he was given an award by the Order of the British Empire. He lives in Berkshire with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Heston Blumenthal
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1066 g
- Width193 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tom Lane
- Photographer(s)Andy Sewell
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.