All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMainstream ecomic textbooks propose a kind of ecomic world which can only exist in fictitious markets where producers and consumers interact like robots, relations are mechanical and assumptions utopian. Accordingly, the expositions are, in substance, thing but sophistry. Yet, many ecomists are becoming more and more discontent with the sophistries of mainstream doctrines. The book presents some realistic alternative approaches to the conventional 'unrealistic' attitudes of mainstream ecomists in order to pave the way for a further development of new ideas.
- Author BiographyDr. Hasan Gurak was born in Istanbul. After having attended several undergraduate courses both in Germany and England, he moved to Sweden where he acquired a degree in economics in 1977 from the University of Lund. He continued post-graduate studies in Sweden between 1977 and 1981 and presented his Ph.D. Thesis at the University of Istanbul in 1991. Presently he is engaged in academic research in the field known as 'Heterodox Economics', aiming to develop alternative theories and analyses in mainstream economics.
- Author(s)Hasan Guerak
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication03/07/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight410 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.