All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo satisfy the higher requirements of digitally converged embedded systems, this book describes heterogeneous multicore techlogy that uses various kinds of low-power embedded processor cores on a single chip. With this techlogy, heterogeneous parallelism can be implemented on an SoC, and greater flexibility and superior performance per watt can then be achieved. This book defines the heterogeneous multicore architecture and explains in detail several embedded processor cores including CPU cores and special-purpose processor cores that achieve highly arithmetic-level parallelism. The authors developed three multicore chips (called RP-1, RP-2, and RP-X) according to the defined architecture with the introduced processor cores. The chip implementations, software environments, and applications running on the chips are also explained in the book. * Provides readers an overview and practical discussion of heterogeneous multicore techlogies from both a hardware and software point of view;* Discusses a new, high-performance and energy efficient approach to designing SoCs for digitally converged, embedded systems;* Covers hardware issues such as architecture and chip implementation, as well as software issues such as compilers, operating systems, and application programs;* Describes three chips developed according to the defined heterogeneous multicore architecture, including chip implementations, software environments, and working applications.
- Author(s)Akio Idehara,Fumio Arakawa,Hideyuki Noda,Hiroaki Shikano,Hironori Kasahara,Kenichi Iwata,Kunio Uchiyama,Tohru Nojiri,Yasuhiro Tawara
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/05/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note41 black & white tables, biography
- Weight367 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.