All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
About this product
- DescriptionProtein expression in a heterologous host is a cornerstone of biomedical research and of the biotechlogy industry. Despite the advanced state of protein expression techlogy improvements are still needed. For example, membrane proteins constitute a significant percentage of the total cellular proteins but as a class are very difficult to overexpress, especially in a heterologous host. The ideal host would have the ability to express any protein, with relevant post-translational modifications, and be as easy to work with as E. coli. In Heterologous Gene Expression in E. coli: Methods and Protocols, expert scientists intimately familiar with the relevant techniques offer chapters that greatly expand the utility of this expression host. The contributions in this detailed volume describe methods, for example, to successfully express proteins in E. coli that would otherwise form aggregates in this host, to add post-translational modifications, to incorporate n-standard ami acid residues or moieties into E. coli expressed proteins, to identify binding partners, and to express membrane proteins. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) format, chapters include introductions to their respective subjects, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Practical and cutting-edge, Heterologous Gene Expression in E. coli: Methods and Protocols seeks to familiarize the researcher with the myriad of E. coli expression strains available and move E. coli closer to that ideal of the perfect host.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication02/12/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 705
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight804 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMing-Qun Xu,Thomas Christopher Evans
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.