About this product
- DescriptionHetty the cat wakes up, yawns, washes behind her ears, and pops through her cat flap into the bright sunlight. And what does she find in the big wide world? One plate of baked beans, two pork pies, three lamb chops - and that's just the beginning! This charming counting book follows Hetty on her big day out.
- Author BiographyPamela Allen is a phenomenon in the world of children's literature. For almost thirty years her picture books have enchanted generations of children in Australia and overseas and many of her titles have won prestigious awards and commendations. She has earned classic status through the enduring popularity of her stories with the very young. Pamela's books are full of the music of language; they are 'fragments of theatre', designed to be read aloud and shared between an adult and a child. Eight of Pamela's titles were adapted for the stage by Patch Theatre Company, and performed in the Sydney Opera House. In 2004, Grandpa and Thomas won the Children's Book Council Book of the Year Award- Early Childhood and The Potato People was named an Honour Book in the same category in 2003, and Grandpa and Thomas and the Green Umbrella was shortlisted for the same award in 2007, as was Shhh! Little Mouse in 2008. Is Your Grandmother a Goanna? won a 2008 Speech Pathology of Australia Book of the Year Award, as did Our Daft Dog Danny in 2010. 'From Pamela Allen's first publication in 1980 it was clear that here was a creator of picture books with all the glow, gesture, din and dance to capture the attention, engage the imagination, teach, show, tickle and excite small children.' Me
- PrizesShortlisted for Storylines Notable New Zealand Books: Picture Books 2011.
- Author(s)Pamela Allen
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication25/10/2010
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintViking Australia
- Weight380 g
- Width219 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.