All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionAs one of the fastest growing Pagan traditions, Feminist Wicca appeals to many through its emphasis on the deep interconnectedness of life and its focus on the woman's religious experience. In Hidden Circles in the Web, scholar and practitioner Constance Wise explores Feminist Wicca through the lens of process thought, developing a new theaology of feminist spirituality that can enrich and deepen the religious practice. Although the twentieth-century philosophy of process thought is often portrayed as a complex and inaccessible system, Wise explains its concepts in simple language and illustrates her points with accessible examples from life. Wise invites readers into the hidden wisdom of Feminist Wicca and process thought, proposing statements of Feminist Wiccan beliefs and practices in six areas: history, anthropology, epistemology, ethics, cosmology, and theaology. While the focus of the book is on Feminist Wicca, her insights into process thought apply to an array of traditions and will interest a range of practitioners and scholars across the religious spectrum.
- Author BiographyConstance Wise teaches religious studies, women's studies, and philosophy at the University of Colorado, Denver, the University of Northern Colorado, and Metropolitan College of Denver. She has practiced Feminist Wicca for thirty years and is co-founder and leader of two Feminist Wiccan groups in Denver.
- Author(s)Constance Wise
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/05/2008
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Series TitlePagan Studies Series
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight372 g
- Width160 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.