Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionAmerica has been run as a corporate regime for several years -- a merger of big business and government that makes profits more important than human rights and erodes the democratic tradition. Costly wars abroad, a national debt that grows exponentially year after year, and the inability to deliver stable work and essential social services are undermining the legitimacy of the regime -- opening the door to a new period of regime change. Today, new grass roots progressive movements are mobilizing, becoming a catalyst for change. In Hidden Power, author Charles Derber shows how these movements can transform the political landscape, breaking the Democratic party out of its corporate shell and moving it toward a new unifying vision of how to create real democracy in a world run by big money.
- Author BiographyCharles Derber is a Professor of Sociology at Boston College and former director of its graduate program on Social Economy and Social Justice. His nine internationally acclaimed books include: People Before Profit: The New Globalization in an Age of Terror, Big Money and Economic Crisis, Corporation Nation, and The Wilding of America.
- Author(s)Charles Derber
- Date of Publication11/08/2005
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight340 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine24 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.