Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
About this product
- DescriptionOn 26th April 1564, William Shakespeare was baptised in Stratford-upon-Avon. He would go on to be the greatest writer who ever lived. In Hidden Shakespeare, Nicholas Fogg explores Shakespeare's life, from his family background and education in Stratford, through his career in London, to 1616, when he finally shuffled off this mortal coil. Fogg examines the circumstances and stories surrounding Shakespeare, providing reasoned answers to the many questions. Did he leave school at the age of thirteen? Did he have an arranged marriage? Why did he leave Stratford to emerge as a star of the London stage? What impact did his life and the period in which he lived have on his work? William Shakespeare's talent was the result of a fortuitous combination of environment, epoch and genius. This fascinating new book draws these threads together to provide a more complete impression of the man and his works.
- Author BiographyNicholas Fogg is an expert on Shakespeare's life and works and has lectured widely on the subject. He is a Fellow of Queen's University, Ontario. His other books include Stratford-upon-Avon: Portrait of a Town, and he is currently writing a new history of the Globe Theatre, also for Amberley. He lives in Marlborough.
- Author(s)Nicholas Fogg
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication14/11/2013
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note23
- Weight349 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.