All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe walls of Eastern Europe have recently crumbled to reveal fascinating hidden cultures. To reflect this more open perspective, here is a collection of little-kwn folk tales from Poland, Slovakia, Russia, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia and Romania. The seven elegantly told and beautifully illustrated tales create a timely collection to stimulate children's interest in their European neighbours.
- Author BiographyAntonia Barber's The Ghosts was shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal and filmed as The Amazing Mr Blunden. The Mousehole Cat was a finalist for the Smarties Prize, winner of the 1990 British Book Award and Commended for the 1991 Kate Greenaway Medal; it was later made into an animated film. In 1993 Tales from Grimm was selected for Child Education Best Collections of the Year. Paul Hess was born in Sydney, Australia, in 1961. He went to art college in Sydney and then worked as a graphic designer and Art Director for various companies both in Sydney and London from 1981 to 1991. He has worked as a freelance art director and illustrator since then. His books for Frances Lincoln are Death in a Nut, Nail Soup, Cow on the Roof, Dragon of Krakow, Hidden Tales from Eastern Europe, The King with Horse's Ears and The King and the Seed. He lives in Northumberland.
- Author(s)Antonia Barber
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width214 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Paul Hess
- Edition Statement184507 reprint
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.