All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionJacob Rawlings, retired magistrate, fisherman and master story teller, transports his daughter and grandchildren to his days of working on smacks in the 1860s, fishing boats trawling the perilous and unpredictable sea. After a tragic accident claims the life of his father, Jacob's mother meets the unsavoury Thaddeus Stone. Jacob leaves home after many violent incidents ultimately come to a head. He meets fellow run away, Finbar McHugh who becomes his best friend as they embark on careers as fishing men; their ultimate goal to own their own smack. Luckily for them, they are mentored by a just and fair smack owner who provides invaluable support. Jacob grows into a fine young man, with good morals and a philanthropic mission to improve the lives and hidden suffering of young apprentices on fishing boats.
- Author BiographyStephen Bloy is a semi-retired, management, business and education consultant with a passion for English history, especially local history. Although originally a qualified engineer, he has a Doctorate degree in Education from the University of Lincoln and, an MBA degree from the University of Humberside. Since retiring he has found the time to indulge himself in what he sees as his third career. Stephen has undertaken several history related projects and given many talks on the darker side of the social history of Grimsby, upon which the story is based.
- Author(s)Stephen Bloy
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Weight381 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.