All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the course of the mundane routines of life, we encounter a variety of landscapes and objects, either igring them or looking without interest at what appears to be just a tree, stone, anymous building, or dirt road. But the deep traveler, according to Hartford Courant essayist David K. Leff, doesn't make this mistake. Instead, the commonplace elements become the most important. By learning to see the magic in the mundane, we t only enrich daily life with a sense of place, we are more likely to protect and make those places better. Over his many years working at the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection and writing about the state's landscape, Leff gained unparalleled intimacy while traveling its byways and back roads. In Hidden in Plain Sight, Leff's essays and photographs take us on a point-by-point journey, revealing the rich stories behind many of Connecticut's overlooked landmarks, from the Merritt Parkway and Cornwall's Cathedral Pines to roadside rock art and centuries-old milestones.
- Author BiographyDAVID K. LEFF is the author of The Last Undiscovered Place (a Connecticut Book Award finalist), Deep Travel, and two volumes of poetry. His essays have appeared in the Hartford Courant, Appalachia, Yankee, Canoe & Kayak, and the Encyclopedia of New England. He lives in Collinsville, Connecticut.
- Author(s)David K. Leff
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Weight494 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.