All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionHidden in Plain Sight: Jews and Jewishness in British Film, Television, and Popular Culture is the first collection of its kind on this subject. The volume brings together a range of original essays that address different aspects of the role and presence of Jews and Jewishness in British film and television from the interwar period to the present. It constructs a historical overview of the Jewish contribution to British film and television, which has t always been sufficiently ackwledged. Each chapter presents a case study reflective of the specific Jewish experience as well as its particularly British context, with cultural representations of how Jews responded to events from the 1930s and '40s, including World War II, the Holocaust, and a legacy of antisemitism, through to the new millennium.
- Author BiographyNathan Abrams is a professor of film studies at Bangor University in Wales.
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleCultural Expressions of World War II
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byNathan Abrams
- Series Edited byPhyllis Lassner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.