Hide and Seek: Jewish Women and Hair Covering by Lynne Schreiber (Paperback, 2006)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the few books to consider the very personal, yet also public, matter of married Jewish women covering their hair, Hide and Seek explains the law, considers the customs surrounding the practice, and includes the voices of women from around the world who are moved by the nature of this challenging observance. The book includes legal and sociological perspectives of the practice, citing relevant texts and rabbinic discourse, as well as the history, tradition, and customs of Jewish communities from around the world. Twenty-four personal essays from women on this sensitive issue lend a very personal face to the debate.
- Author BiographyLynne Schreiber is a journalist, a college instructor, and the author of Driving Off the Horizon, a book of poetry; In the Shadow of the Tree: A Therapeutic Writing Guide for Children with Cancer ; and Residential Architecture. She lives in Oak Park, Michigan.
- Author(s)Lynne Schreiber
- PublisherUrim Publications
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintUrim Publications
- Weight390 g
- Width165 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.