All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- DescriptionHide-and-Seek: No Ticks, Please is a story about Jose and Alex s adventures in the bushes, tall grasses, and wooded areas. During their exploration, they find hidden treasures and hidden dangers. Alex learns about Jose s discovery of a hidden danger and how it will change their adventures. She also learns steps to keep them both safe. Of the estimated 20 million 7- to 11-year old children in the United States (2000-2010 census), 60,000 have confirmed cases of Lyme disease (cdc.gov). The CDC estimates the incidence rate is 20 times that number due to several factors. The incidence of Lyme disease is reported in nearly every state of the United States with significant reports in 13 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, and Wisconsin. Educating children about prevention strategies against ticks will save families costly devastating effects: financial diagsis and treatment can be a significant cost; physical misdiagsis leads to severe health complications including heart and neurological symptoms; social/emotional being misunderstood as the symptoms may be t visible to others; educational learning disabilities may occur with Lyme disease affecting the brain and overall health of individuals. Hide-and-Seek: No Ticks, Please is a story to help parents, educators, and medical personnel discuss the risks of ticks, how ticks transmit bacteria, steps to prevent contact with ticks, and how to remove a tick properly if it does become attached.
- Author BiographyDr. Nancy Fox is a Lyme disease survivor who enjoys the outdoors. She received a doctorate degree at Wilmington University in Innovation and Leadership: Curriculum and Instruction. She has taught pre-K through twelfth grades for twenty years and has been a radio guest on Everyday Wisdom for Families, The Ed Tyll Show, WCTR, WNAV, and Total Education Network. She is a frequent speaker at schools and for several Lyme disease support groups.
- Author(s)Nancy Fox
- PublisherMorgan James Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMJ Kids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan James Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width180 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Daniel Seward
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.