Hierarchical Materials Informatics: Novel Analytics for Materials Data by Stephen R. Niezgoda, Surya R. Kalidindi (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $145.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $236.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCustom design, manufacture, and deployment of new high performance materials for advanced techlogies is critically dependent on the availability of invertible, high fidelity, structure-property-processing (SPP) linkages. Establishing these linkages presents a major challenge because of the need to cover unimaginably large dimensional spaces. Hierarchical Materials Informatics addresses objective, computationally efficient, mining of large ensembles of experimental and modeling datasets to extract this core materials kwledge. Furthermore, it aims to organize and present this high value kwledge in highly accessible forms to end users engaged in product design and design for manufacturing efforts. As such, this emerging field has a pivotal role in realizing the goals outlined in current strategic national initiatives such as the Materials Geme Initiative (MGI) and the Advanced Manufacturing Partnership (AMP). This book presents the foundational elements of this new discipline as it relates to the design, development, and deployment of hierarchical materials critical to advanced techlogies.
- Author BiographySurya R. Kalidindi earned a B.Tech. in Civil Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, an M.S. in Civil Engineering from Case Western Reserve University, and a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. After his graduation from MIT in 1992, Surya joined the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Drexel University as an Assistant Professor, where he served as the Department Head during 2000-2008. In 2013, Surya accepted a new position as a Professor of Mechanical Engineering in the George W. Woodruff School at Georgia Institute of Technology, with joint appointments in the School of Computational Science and Engineering and in the School of Materials Science and Engineering. Surya's research efforts over the past two decades have made seminal contributions to the fields of crystal plasticity, microstructure design, spherical nanoindentation, and materials informatics. His work has already produced about 200 journal articles, four book chapters, and a new book on Microstructure Sensitive Design. His work is well cited by peer researchers as reflected by an h-index of 52 and current citation rate of about 1000 citations/year (Google Scholar). He has recently been awarded the Alexander von Humboldt award in recognition of his lifetime achievements in research. He has been elected a Fellow of ASME, ASM International, TMS, and Alpha Sigma Mu.
- Author(s)Stephen R. Niezgoda,Surya R. Kalidindi
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 130 illustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.