All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionHigh Comedy in American Movies explores the comedy of manners film throughout the twentieth century, from the advent of movie sound to recent films, and shows how class comedy's inside view of the aristocratic lifestyle has been influenced by the culture and times in which the movies are produced. Easily accessible, this book makes an engaging supplement to courses in American film, film genre, and film studies.
- Author BiographySteve Vineberg is professor in the theatre department at College of the Holy Cross in Massachusetts and author of Method Actors and No Surprises, Please. His movie reviews and articles have appeared in the New York Times, the Boston Phoenix, the Threepenny Review, the Chronicle of Higher Education, and the Christian Century, as well as many other publications.
- Author(s)Steve Vineberg
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/11/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleGenre and Beyond: A Film Studies Series
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width153 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.