All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUS Constitution states that the President is subject to removal from office upon impeachment and conviction of treason, bribery and 'other high Crimes and Misdemears.' In this book, Brown examines history behind this clause as well as the impeachments of Presidents Johnson, Nixon and Clinton.
- Author BiographyH. LOWELL BROWN is an attorney whose practice focuses on compliance. Mr. Brown advises clients on implementing programs of compliance and conducts investigations into possible violations of law or company policy. Mr. Brown has also been appointed as special compliance monitor for the Raytheon Company and the DIRECTV Group to oversee their compliance with the requirements of consent agreements entered into with the U.S. Government. In addition, Mr. Brown has been engaged by the trustees of a prominent private college to investigate possible mismanagement by the college's president and to advise the board on enhanced controls. From 1991 through 2000, Mr. Brown was Assistant General Counsel of Northrop Grumman Corporation where he advised the company and its board of directors on matters of compliance, including compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. While at Northrop, Mr. Brown was responsible for internal corporate investigations and for representing the company in governmental investigations. Mr. Brown began his career as Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Columbia. Mr. Brown also served as Assistant General Counsel of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Mr. Brown was in private law practice in Washington, D.C., where he was a partner in the law firm of Heron, Burchette, Ruckert and Rothwell. Since leaving Northrop, Mr. Brown has practiced law in Maine and from 2004 through 2006, Mr. Brown was counsel to the firm of Cadwalader, Wickersham and Taft. Mr. Brown currently serves as a director of two foreign-owned corporations engaged in work for the U.S. Government. Mr. Brown is a frequent speaker and has written law review and journal articles concerning compliance programs as well as the ethical and legal issues facing corporate counsel in regard to internal investigations. Mr. Brown has written numerous articles on various aspects of compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and is the author of a treatise on the Act entitled Bribery in International Commerce, published by Thomson-West. Mr. Brown is admitted to practice law in California, the District of Columbia and in Maine.
- Author(s)H. Lowell Brown
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/01/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight445 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.