All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionHigh-energy astrophysics involves the study of exceedingly dynamic and energetic phemena occurring near the most extreme celestial objects kwn to exist, such as black holes, neutron stars, white dwarfs, and superva remnants. High-Energy Astrophysics provides graduate and advanced undergraduate students with the most complete, self-contained introduction to the subject available. This textbook covers all the essentials, weaving together the latest theory with the experimental techniques, instrumentation, and observational methods astromers use to study high-energy radiation from space. Fulvio Melia introduces topics at the forefront of today's research, including relativistic particles, energetic radiation, and accretion disk theory. No other textbook offers such a thorough yet concise treatment of the key aspects of high-energy astrophysics--both theoretical and observational--or delves as deeply into modern detection techniques, satellite systems, and analytical and numerical modeling used by theoreticians. Amply illustrated, High-Energy Astrophysics is also ideal for researchers interested in the application of fundamental physical laws to understand how matter and radiation behave in regions of the universe where physical conditions are most extreme. * Uniquely weaves together the theoretical and experimental aspects of this important branch of astromy * Features stunning images of the high-energy sky * Fully describes the principal classes of high-energy sources, with an in-depth study of many archetypal objects within them * Provides an excellent, self-contained resource for the classroom, written by a preeminent researcher and teacher in the field
- Author BiographyFulvio Melia is professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Arizona and associate editor of the Astrophysical Journal Letters . His books include The Galactic Supermassive Black Hole (Princeton).
- PrizesWinner of PROSE Awards: Cosmology & Astronomy 2009.
- Author(s)Fulvio Melia
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication26/01/2009
- Series TitlePrinceton Series in Astrophysics
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note26 color illus. 52 halftones. 59 line illus.
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.